Tamara Madden, RN, JD
Tamara Madden, RN, JD is a trial attorney and partner at the firm of Johnson, Trent & Taylor, LLP. She practices in the area of medical malpractice defense and represents healthcare providers in all aspects of litigation. She also serves as a health law and litigation management consultant to national assisted living, long-term care and physician practices.
Tamara also practices personal injury defense, including premises liability and product liability litigation, on behalf of national retailers and health care entities.
Tamara first entered the medical profession as a certified nurses' aide in a long term care facility. She went on to nursing school and became a registered nurse in 1985 and maintains an active nursing license. After practicing in the hospital setting for several years, she decided to pursue a med-legal career and obtained a law degree from the University of Houston Law Center in 1992. She is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Houston Bar Association, the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management, and the Greater Houston Society for Healthcare Risk Management. She is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Tarrant County College, A.S.N., 1984
- University of Texas, B.A., 1989
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 1992
- Houston Bar Association, Fellow
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Greater Houston Society for Healthcare Risk Management, Board of Directors, President 2019