T. Christopher Trent
Chris Trent's trial practice involves a blend of product liability cases (manufacturers and service entities), premises liability, mass torts, toxic torts, commercial and construction litigation.
Chris has acted as national counsel, regional counsel, and local counsel in product liability matters, mass tort and various toxic tort matters spanning various industries, including tires/wheels, automotive components, off-road vehicles, agricultural vehicles and equipment, motorcycles, elevators, industrial gases, and automotive services. Chris has participated in pretrial matters and/or trials in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Puerto Rico.
In addition to his trial practice, Chris has argued appellate matters in Texas State Appellate Courts and in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas State Courts
- Oklahoma State Courts
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Vanderbilt University, 1988, magna cum laude
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1991, cum laude
- Houston Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Honored as a 'Rising Star' by Texas Monthly, 2004, 2005
- Honored as 'Texas Super Lawyer' - 2006-2019
- Honored as 'Houston Top Lawyer' by H-Texas Magazine - 2009
- Product Liability Advisory Council
AREAS OF PRACTICE
14th Court of Appeals Grants Favorable Opinion
2014 Johnson Trent Partners Named 'Super Lawyers'
Appeals Court Upholds Lower Court Judgment on Products Liability Case
Chris Trent Obtains "No Liability" Finding for Personal Injury Case
Defense Verdict for Large Product Manufacturer
Defense Verdict for our Client
Johnson Trent Partners Named “Super Lawyers” 2015
Johnson Trent Super Lawyers - 2005 thru 2012
JTWT Attorneys Successfully Defend Trial Court's Decision
JTWT participates in Houston Bar Association 2014 Fun Run
JTWT Team Presents Successful Appeal to Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals