T. Christopher Trent
Chris Trent's trial practice involves a blend of product liability cases (manufacturers and service entities), premises liability, mass torts, toxic torts, commercial and construction litigation.
Chris has acted as national counsel, regional counsel, and local counsel in product liability matters, mass tort and various toxic tort matters spanning various industries, including tires/wheels, automotive components, off-road vehicles, agricultural vehicles and equipment, motorcycles, elevators, industrial gases, and automotive services. Chris has participated in pretrial matters and/or trials in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Puerto Rico.
In addition to his trial practice, Chris has argued appellate matters in Texas State Appellate Courts and in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas State Courts
- Oklahoma State Courts
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Vanderbilt University, 1988, magna cum laude
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1991, cum laude
- Houston Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Honored as a 'Rising Star' by Texas Monthly, 2004, 2005
- Honored as 'Texas Super Lawyer' - 2006-2019
- Honored as 'Houston Top Lawyer' by H-Texas Magazine - 2009
- Product Liability Advisory Council