Rafe Taylor has served as the managing partner for Johnson Trent for more than eight years. He has acted as trial counsel in numerous complex civil litigation matters, involving all types of high exposure damages such as wrongful death, brain damage and quadriplegia. His experience includes product liability cases involving tires, automobile seat components, elevators/escalators, agricultural/heavy industrial equipment, and numerous medical devices – to name a few. His experience also includes defense of medical malpractice, premises liability, residential and commercial construction, theft of trade secrets, and commercial litigation cases.
Rafe has skillfully navigated clients through the discovery, mediation, arbitration and trial processes. In his capacity as a regional counsel for product manufacturers, he has litigated in many venues in the United States other than Texas, including California, Connecticut, Delaware, Kansas, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Rhode Island and Wisconsin.
Rafe has repeatedly been name as a SuperLawyer in the State of Texas.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- University of Texas, 1990, with Honors
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 1993
- Houston Bar Association, Life Fellow
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Counsel Institute, Member
- Student Bar Association President
- Speaker/Presenter for American Conference Institute’s conference on Automotive Product Liability Litigation
- Speaker/Presenter for State Bar of Texas – Paralegal Division
- University of Houston Distinguished Service Award
- Honored as a "Texas Super Lawyer", 2017-2019