Morgan K. Abels joined Johnson, Trent & Taylor as an associate in March 2021. Her practice focuses on civil trial litigation with an emphasis on product liability, premises liability, and contract law. Prior to joining Johnson, Trent & Taylor, Morgan practiced at a civil defense firm and served as the Associate General Counsel of a multi-state steel company, both based in Houston, Texas. Morgan earned her Bachelor of Science degree from The University of Houston in 2012 and her Juris Doctorate from South Texas College of Law in 2014. While in law school, Morgan served as President of Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity, a student editor of South Texas College of Law’s Construction Law Journal, and a law student board member for the Houston Young Lawyers Association.
While attending The University of Houston, Morgan competed for the Women’s Track & Field Team and was a member of The Delta Gamma Fraternity. Outside of the practice of law, Morgan enjoys spending time with her husband and son, volunteering with The Junior League of Houston and serving as a Committeeman for Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo’s World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- University of Houston, 2012
- South Texas College of Law, 2014
- The University of Texas School of Law – Mediation Certificate, 2021
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas – Litigation Section
- Texas Association of Mediators